- Which Drugs are Harmful to Your Kidneys? Every drug you put into your body passes through your kidneys. If the drug is not taken following your healthcare provider's instructions, or if it is an illegal substance, it can cause injury to the kidneys.
- Herbal Supplements and Kidney Disease - Is it safe to use herbal supplements if I have kidney disease? No. Use of herbal supplements is unsafe if you have kidney disease since some herbal products can cause harm to your kidneys and even make your kidney disease worse. Also, your kidneys cannot clear waste products that can build up in your body.
- Which Drugs are Harmful to Your Kidneys? - Patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) who use bowel cleansing products should be aware of a recent warning issued by the FDA for a type of sudden loss of kidney function or acute kidney injury, as well as, blood mineral disturbances.
- Pain Medicines (Analgesics) - Many analgesics should not be used if there is decreased kidney function, because they reduce the blood flow to the kidney. Also, long term use with higher doses may harm normal kidneys.
- Understanding Your Lab Values - People who develop chronic kidney disease may have some or all of the following tests and measurements. If you have kidney disease ask your doctor which tests you will have and how often they will be done. Speak to your doctor about your results.
- Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs