What is HIE?
Health Information Exchange (HIE) is the mobilization of health care information electronically across organizations within a region, community or hospital system.
Assist at least 20% of the facilities in the pool of 50% of Network facilities to join an HIE or “another evidence-based highly effective information transfer system as approved by CMS to receive information relevant to positive blood cultures during transitions of care”
- Numerator: Number of target facilities enrolled in HIE
- Denominator: Total number of target facilities
Criteria: 20% of the BSI QIA cohort (~20 facilities)
Requirements: Joining of an HIE or another evidence-based highly effective information transfer system as approved by the COR and CMS SME
Goals: 20% using HIE
Data Source: Self-reported
- Identifying a state HIE
- Collaborate with Large Dialysis Organizations (LDOs)
- Reduce barriers in accessing information during transitions of care
- Review the Mass HIway Regulations. Please see Summary and FAQ for more information
- Review vendors connected to MASS HIWay
- Review rates
The Network recommends dialysis facilities to enroll as Tier 4 or Tier 5 category
- Review steps to enroll
- Review Policies and Procedures
- Complete MASS HIWay Participation agreement
- Massachusetts W-9 Form is required to certify the legal entity and to process invoices.
- Please sign all the documents as outlined above. You may scan and e-mail all documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only PDFs are accepted except for document Mass HIway Legal Entity and Sub Organization File Sheet V1 which should be submitted in excel format. If you do not have a scanner available, you may fax to 781-207-8589
EHealth Exchange: A Health Information Exchange (HIE) that is national in scope is identified. It is called The Sequoia Project – Ehealth Exchange.