The intent of this QIA is to assist ESRD patients with seeking gainful employment and/or returning to work.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) administers the Ticket to Work Program. Under this free and voluntary program, eligible beneficiaries between the ages of 18 and 55, who are blind or have a disability and receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits are entitled to sign up with an Employment Network (EN) or a State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agency of their choice. These approved service providers coordinate and provide appropriate services to help eligible beneficiaries find and maintain employment. Appropriate services may include training, career counseling, vocational rehabilitation, job placement, and ongoing support services necessary to achieve a work goal.
Collaboration: the Network shall identify a minimum of five (5) Employment Networks and/or the State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agency that serves the recruited patient population and educate patients regarding the researched and identified EN and/or VR resources.
Facility Selection: The Network shall include in the QIA, at least 10% of the dialysis facilities within the Network’s service area.
Inclusion Criteria: The ESRD NCC will provide to the Network, based on CROWNWeb, the number of patients reported as receiving EN and/or VR services to be used as the numerator and to be used for the denominator, the number prevalent patients between the ages of 18 and 55
Goal: The Network shall demonstrate at least a five (5) percentage point increase in referrals to the identified EN and/or VR in by September 30th of the contract year. The Network shall demonstrate at least a two (2) percentage point improvement in the number of patients receiving EN and/or VR services in closed CROWNWeb data by September 30th of the contract year. The Network shall monitor the number of referrals that are received by the EN and/or VR.
Baseline Data: The baseline for this QIA shall be the number of patients identified in CROWNWeb as working in the patient demographics, in October – June 2017.
Projects Tools and Resources:
- "Five Whys Jefferson Memorial Example" Video (2 minutes)
- 2018 Population Health Focused Pilot Quality Improvement Activity (PHFPQ) Kickoff Webinar
- 2018 Population Health Focused Pilot QIA (PHFPQ) Slides
- 2018 CMS Priorities, Goals, and Quality Improvement Activities Webinar on our website Events Page
- Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle to address identified barriers
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Reporting Tool
- Your Life Take Charge Toolkit Instructions
- Your Life. Take Charge! Roadmap & Action Plan
- The WISE Achieving Financial Independence Presentation
- Know your State Level VR Agency
- Debunking the Three Biggest Myths Factsheet
- An introduction to Ticket to Work
- Choose fulfillment. Choose earnings. Choose Work
- Meet Ben! An introduction to Ticket to Work
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Answers to Your Questions
- Beneficiary Worksheet: Finding an EN and Assigning Your Ticket Worksheet
- Ticket to Work: Choosing the Service Provider That's Right for You
- Watch the Learn How the Ticket to Work Program Can Work for You Video